This weekend we hit the redwoods for some nature time and took in the ethereal beauty that is at our doorstep here in the Redwood Curtain and watched a beautiful sunset and sunrise. We also had some pumpkin patch action . I baked my pumpkin and pureed the "meat" to make into the below recipe.
Grain-free Pumpkin Muffins
|1/2 cup coconut flour|
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or a combination of the two
2-3 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
pumpkin seeds or pecans, for toppings
|1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.|
2. Lightly oil muffin pans with olive or vegetable oil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, spices, baking soda/powder and salt. Mix it up nice.
4. In another bowl, place the pumpkin puree then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add olive or vegetable oil, honey, and vanilla and mix it up until it’s even looking.
5. Add the flour mixture we made in step 3 to the pumpkin mixture, blend with a whisk until most lumps have disappeared. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin 2/3 full. Top each muffin with a few pumpkin seeds and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden.
6. Place on wire rack to cool.