grain-free pumpkin muffin recipe
This weekend we hit the redwoods for some nature time and took in the ethereal beauty that is at our doorstep here in the Redwood Curtain and watched a beautiful sunset and sunrise. We also had some pumpkin patch action . I baked my pumpkin and pureed the "meat" to make into the below recipe.
Grain-free Pumpkin Muffins
|1/2 cup coconut flour|
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or a combination of the two
2-3 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
pumpkin seeds or pecans, for toppings
|1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.|
2. Lightly oil muffin pans with olive or vegetable oil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, spices, baking soda/powder and salt. Mix it up nice.
4. In another bowl, place the pumpkin puree then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add olive or vegetable oil, honey, and vanilla and mix it up until it’s even looking.
5. Add the flour mixture we made in step 3 to the pumpkin mixture, blend with a whisk until most lumps have disappeared. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin 2/3 full. Top each muffin with a few pumpkin seeds and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden.
6. Place on wire rack to cool.