Healthy Carrot Cake Power Scuffins
by Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows- with gluten free adaptions by meI call these ‘scuffins’ because they are a hybrid between a scone, cookie, and a muffin! They are packed with nutrients, healthy fats, protein, and fibre and make an excellent power snack when you need a burst of energy. If you like these you should also try my Pumpkin Chia Spelt Scuffins.
Adapted from Pumpkin Chia Spelt Scuffins and Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies.
- 1 cup gluten free baking flour mix
- 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (OR: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Chia/flax egg: 1 tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 tbsp water OR 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, mixed and set aside for 5 mins
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup shredded or grated carrots (approx 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- Coconut, for garnish