potted garden

I am trying something a little different this year in the gardening dept. Last year was my first North Coast garden and many lessons were learned including planting time frames. I was a little too early on somethings and a little too late on most others. We have a full sun west facing front porch and a boxed garden in the back yard. I did not utilize the front space last year because I didn't think it would be necessary to do pots of veggies. This is where I was wrong, so this year inspired by Martha's Living  Vegetable growing guide, I am potting my broccoli, peas, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes and peppers. My peas where in before presidents day as the rule of thumb denotes and everything else but tomatoes and peppers have been potted. End of March is my guesstimate for these items to be potted. We have had a mild winter and the farmers almanac for 2011 predicts above normal temps for spring and summer with low precipitation, which translates to a potentially bountiful growing year.

Comments

Popular Posts