garden diary- veggies galore



Unlike the rest of the country our summer was nonexistent until a week ago when it finally arrived and lasted all of five days. The five days packed a punch of love for gardens here on the north coast and things really came about. My carrots turned into orange monsters and my taters are oh so buttery. One thing I do have to say about growing taters in a garbage can is wait five days past the day you think they should be dug out. My second tip is put the seeding potatoes closer to the bottom to give ample room for more potatoes growing down from the plant because they really do not grow any further down than the first seeding potato. I love the season of summer and experience it with the tastes of summer veg. One disappointment of mine is the lack of red tomatoes in our garden, because of this I  compromised my tomato supply by waiting in line this past Saturdays farmer's market at the tomato & peach lady stand. I bought a flat of trinity reds and canned all day for the winter stock. This post will be later this week with canning tips.

Comments

Popular Posts