giving thanks

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and this year we are spending this holiday in Maine. This may prove challenging for our little F with food allergies but a plan is in place for me to cook a couple side dishes and dessert that he can enjoy. My source of recipes as of lately has come from Heidi Swanson from 101 Cookbooks. She is author of Super Natural Cooking and Super Natural Every Day. Her online blog provides tons of recipes and alternatives for vegetarian and vegan cooking. She has an entire selection of Thanksgiving Recipes that is to die for and a complete list can be viewed here. I wish I had found her recipes a few years ago but late is better than never. One of my tips for a dessert topping that is dairy free is to buy or make whipped coconut milk as a whipped topping sub to be paired with the Pumpkin Pie recipe. Here are a few of the recipes:

Comments

Popular Posts